Earlier, at 11:00 on July 8, 27-year-old fisherman Qin Zhi Cai from Yanang village, Xichang town, Hepu district, Beihai city, Guangxi province, went adrift in the sea, about 5 nautical miles west of the Vietnam-China maritime boundary delimitation in the Gulf of Tonkin.
|Fisherman Qin Zhi Cai (center, right) handed over to Co To Border Post|
Ship 786 (Flotilla 4 of the Naval Region 1) while patrolling near the scene detected the man and immediately rescued him.
At 20:00 on July 9, the Vietnamese naval ship handed over the Chinese fisherman to the Co To Border Post. The post is working with relevant organizations on the procedures to return the Chinese fisherman to China.
Translated by Khanh Ngan
- Border to receive 5,000 troops as Trump escalates threats against migrant caravan
- Mexico slowly processes caravan migrants at Guatemala border
- Crisis Actor: By Sending Active-duty Troops to the Border, Trump Sets a Worrisome Precedent
- Syria reopens vital border crossing with Jordan
- Eccentric San Antonio Artist Jimmy James Canales Brings New 'Receiving Interrupt' Exhibition to Sala Diaz
- Piggy Smallz Posts First Instagram Photo After Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's Breakup
- Vietnamese president dies at age 61 after illness
- Bombshell Washington Post Story On Trump Passport Crackdown Withheld, Distorted Key Facts
- Thousands of caravan migrants halted in clash at Guatemalan border
- Thousands of migrants in a caravan to US turn back at Mexico border