|Vietnam finish in third place at U23 Volleyball Championship (Photo: AVC)|
During the first set the Thai team showed their talents by inflicting a defeat on the host nation with a score of 25/14.
The second set saw Vietnamese coach Nguyen Tuan Kiet make a number of effective changes which helped the host team level the score.
This gave Vietnam the momentum as they took the lead after winning the third set with a score of 25/21. Thailand were unable to make any effective changes of their own during the fourth set and were beaten 25/14.
The match finished with a final score of 3-1 in favour of Vietnam.
The win represents the first time that a Vietnamese volleyball team has beaten their Thai rivals in the tournament.
The first-place position went to China who were able to beat the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) 3-0 in the competition’s final round.
- Rwanda set for Africa U21, U23 volleyball Champs
- Belize to host XX Central American Women’s Volleyball Championship 2018
- Belize to Host XX Central American Women’s Volleyball Championship in August
- Marshall chosen to host C-USA Volleyball Championship
- Morgan Woods finishes 21st at NCAA Championships
- UW men’s crew loses to Yale again, finishes 2nd in national championships
- Somerset finish third in county championship
- Local golf: Rutgers' Gotterup finishes 2nd at Ike Championship
- Central Nebraska AAU volleyball team finishes runner-up
- Nation Ford High junior in the pipeline for spot on the U.S. Olympic volleyball team