David Brewer, Dr. Bambi Gaddist, Rob Perry, Columbia City Councilman Moe Baddourah, Marvin Heller, Mayor Steve Benjamin, Councilman Howard Duvall, Ashley Page, James Brown, and Kevin Gray cut the ribbon to officially open the HAWK (High Intensity Activated Crosswalk) on Millwood Avenue. City dignitaries, Columbia Police Department officers, and community leaders gathered at the corner of Millwood Avenue and House Street Tuesday, July 9 for a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the newly installed HAWK (High Intensity Activated Crosswalk) crosswalk. “Today is an amazing day for this community,” State Representative Seth Rose said. “Obviously, we have a lot of roadways that are areas of need in Columbia. We can scratch this one off the list. This isn’t just a ribbon cutting for a HAWK traffic signal; it is a ribbon cutting of things to come on this stretch of Millwood Avenue, from Gervais Street to Gladden Street. This has proven to be a deadly stretch of road.” Three pedestrians have died there in four years. Now, a $500k investment will help make it safer. Along with the new traffic signal, that stretch of Millwood Avenue will be resurfaced, along with other improvements, in the spring of 2020. Among those Rose… Read full this story
- Sweetwater & Company Ribbon Cutting hosted by The Marblehead Chamber of Commerce
- Flag raising ceremony held in Chicago to celebrate China's National Day
- Ceremony Held For Rescuer Who Died On Mount Baldy Searching For Missing Hiker
- Emmys 2015: Why Stars Wore Green Ribbons at the Ceremony
- Wall held out as Wizards overwhelm Hawks, 129-104
- Coffee Talk with Ethan Hawke: On ‘Boyhood,’ Jennifer Lawrence, and Bill Clinton’s Urinal Exchange
- Ethan Hawke on Chet Baker and Surviving Showbiz
- Sexton, Garland lead Cavaliers past Hawks, 121-118
- The Trump Tax Cuts Are Still Unpopular. That’s a Crisis for Conservatives.
- Driving force: A knowledge-sharing soiree, power-packed ceremony at Droom Pre-Owned Automotive Awards 2019
Ribbon Cutting ceremony held for HAWK crosswalk have 316 words, post on www.thecolumbiastar.com at July 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.