(Photo: Global New Light Of Myanmar)
Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Home Affairs of Myanmar reported that 13 people died and one is still missing when a ship carrying 25 pilgrims capsized in the country’s Mandalay region on July 24.
The ship was en route to a monastery near Zeetaw dam in the country’s central region when meeting the incident.
The ministry said search and rescue force saved 11 people and recovered the bodies of 13 others in a few hours after the ship capsized.
Search for the missing person is underway.-VNA
- At least 7 people die in Bangladesh high-rise fire
- 4 Missing After Cargo Ship Capsizes Off Georgia Coast
- 13 people reveal how much money they have made from their side hustles
- 80,000 people died from the flu last winter — the highest number in over 40 years
- Four people died in a 12-hour hostage standoff in Mississippi
- Telstra will audit its handling of priority customers after two people died while their landlines weren't working
- The Georgia GOP killed a $40M tax break over an NRA discount used by 13 people
- A tiger that killed 13 people in India was eventually undone by the irresistible lure of Calvin Klein's 'Obsession'
- More Than 35,000 People Die of Opioid Overdoses Each Year. These 8 Startups Are Trying to Change That
- Two people die after being pulled from sea off Aberdeen beach