Hanoi (VNA) – Hanoi’s authorities have presented more than 387,000 gift packages valued at over 156 billion VND (6.7 million USD) to social policy beneficiaries on the occasion of War Invalids and Martyrs Day (July 27).
Of those, 121,792 gift packages presented by the President were handed over to Heroic Vietnamese Mothers, war invalids, sick soldiers and Agent Orange (AO)/dioxin victims.
The city also granted 121,663 gifts worth 95 trillion VND (4.05 million USD) which was sourced from its budget to the social policy beneficiaries.
On this occasion, municipal officials visited and presented gifts to 45 units, including centres for national contributors and AO victims, the municipal AO victims association, and production and business facilities run by local war invalids and sick soldiers.
Seventy two outstanding individuals also received gifts, each worth 2.5 million VND (107.5 USD), from the city.
Hanoi’s districts and towns allocated their budgets and mobilised financial support from different economic sectors to present 54,455 gifts valued at over 21 billion VND (903,000 USD) to the beneficiaries.
The city’s gratitude fund has so far this year raised more than 30.6 billion VND (1.31 million USD) in support of the group of people.-VNA
- VPBank Hanoi Marathon welcomes the 1,000th international participant
- Govt plans to scrap e-comm ‘gifts’ to curb China imports
- Mother who was expecting an order of baby clothes praises kindhearted stranger who sent her a gift after spotting her package strewn on the roadside after it fell off a delivery truck
- RUSSELL GLOOR: Ask Rusty — Does paying Social Security payroll tax increase my benefit?
- Former heads of Vietnam Social Security brought to court
- Best Christmas 2018 gifts for mums - from Nespresso coffee machines and Liz Earle beauty sets to spa days
- Hanoi experiences powerful tremor
- Ally Brooke's Holiday Gift Guide 2019
- Bachelor Nation's Ashley Iaconetti and Jared Haibon's Holiday Gift Guide 2019
- Hanoi hit again by Cao Bang earthquake