The fifth Culture, Sports and Tourism Festival includes the participation of ethnic Cham people from 12 provinces and cities, including Da Nang, Quang Nam, Binh Dinh, Khanh Hoa, Ninh Thuan, Binh Thuan, Dong Nai, Tay Ninh, Binh Phuoc, An Giang, HCM City and Phu Yen.
The main activities will include an art shows, traditional costume and folklore art performances, photo exhibition, and food and folk game competitions.
The highlight will be a ceremony to receive the national special relic site certificate for Thap Nhan (Nhan Tower) at April 1 Square on the evening of August 14.
Nhan Tower was built by the Cham from the 10th to 13th century at Nhan Mountain on the Ba River side in Tuy Hoa city. It is a quadrangle with four 23.5m high sides.
It is the only Cham tower still intact in the province. An altar inside the tower is a unique architectural Cham feature and one of the few remaining Cham altars.
During the festival, tours will be designed to explore tourism spots in the province and a seminar on connecting Phu Yen tourism and other central south provinces will be held.
The festival will not only honor, promote and introduce the cultural heritage of the Cham but also feature attractions of the southern and central south regions.
The festival organisers aim to improve national pride and strengthen solidarity and mutual understanding among Vietnamese ethnic groups.-VNA
- Carriage engulfed in flames on HCM City to Phu Yen train
- Phu Yen Culture
- Seminar reviews 30-year reform of Phu Yen
- When is Christmas Shop Well for Less on BBC1, who is hosting the festive show and where do they visit?
- Phu Yen Culture-Tourism Week kicks off
- Waterfall near China border to host tourism festival
- Phu Yen Culture and Tourism Week 2018
- Yokohama in Japan to host ASEAN Festival, October 5-6
- Mekong Delta province hosts annual Culture and Tourism Week
- Formula One To Host ‘Rocks’ festivals