The Union of European Football Associations, UEFA, has given VTV exclusive rights to broadcast the quadrennial European football championship, Euro 2020, on television and radio as well as all programs related to the tournament across Vietnamese territory.
The deal includes cable TV, satellite, terrestrial, mobile, IPTV, Internet, public screening and social media rights, VTV announced.
VTV also has the rights to exploit and use photos and materials on the UEFA Euro 2020 in accordance with UEFA regulations, produce and provide match and match-day videos, and distribute the license to third-party units in Vietnam.
All newspapers, stations, providers and broadcasters that want to share and use the UEFA Euro 2020 broadcasting rights within the Vietnamese territory will need to negotiate with VTV.
VTV had also purchased national broadcasting rights for Euro 2016.
The UEFA Euro 2020 is scheduled to be held in 12 cities across as many European countries from June 12 to July 12. With no single country being designated as host of the tournament, no team will be exempt from the qualification tournament.
55 European football teams will battle it out in the qualifiers for 20 places in the Euro 2020 finals, which also features four additional qualifiers from the UEFA Nations League competition.
Portugal are the defending champions.
For the first time, the video assistant referee (VAR) system will be used at an UEFA Euro tournament.
The Olimpico Stadium in Rome, Italy, has been chosen as the venue for the opening ceremony and the opening match of Euro 2020. The Wembley Stadium in London will host the semi-finals and final matches.
- Euro 2020 TV times and fixtures: ITV and BBC announce games with ITV getting two out of three England matches
- BBC to show England's Euro 2020 opener against Croatia but ITV are handed better run of games
- England to play warm-ups against Austria and Romania in June ahead of Euro 2020
- EURO 2020 draw: Group F a nightmare with Germany, France, Portugal
- Portugal, France and Germany will face each other in the group stage of Euro 2020
- Wales consider Baku base for opening two Euro 2020 group games
- Gareth Bale facing golf ban for Euro 2020 in bid to keep fit
- England will be under extra pressure at Euro 2020, believes The Sun's Shaun Custis
- Luis Enrique wary of Spain’s Euro 2020 qualifying group
- Germany Confirm Friendlies Against Spain, Italy Before Euro 2020