The forum focused on safety for women and children towards realising the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In opening the event, President of the VWU Central Committee Nguyen Thi Thu Ha said in the past six years, the forum has provided a venue for women of the two nations to share experience in integrating gender issues in the building of policies and regulations, as well as in women’s development.
This year, the forum focused on experiences of Vietnam and the RoK to ensure safety for women and children, which is viewed as a significant goal among the SDGs by both countries.
Ha said that the VWU has always paid attention to and act towards safety and development of Vietnamese women and children. She spoke highly of the RoK’s project to create women-friendly cities, which was carried out in various localities, with Seoul capital city being a model at the cost of 708 billion KRW (nearly 600 million USD).
She voiced her belief that information shared by RoK experts at the event will help the VWU enhance safety for Vietnamese women and children. Vietnam is also willing to share experience in the field, she added.
For her part, KWDI President In-sook Kwon said as Vietnam and the RoK have arranged various exchanges in multiple spheres of politics, economy, human resources and culture, the forum not only helps bolster the cooperation between the KWDI and the VWU, but also offers a platform for the countries’ female leaders to meet.
She expressed her hope that delegates will work to improve policies and regulations to prevent gender-based violence and prejudices in the RoK and Vietnam.- VNA
- Forum Discussions and Getting Traffic for Your Business
- Vehicular Safety For Children
- Letstrak – A Smart Personal Safety Device for Women, Children & Family!
- Gay Forums - Discuss Whatever You Want
- Programs Provide Internet Safety for Children
- Forum discusses vital tuna issues
- PM focuses on LGBT, women, children in speech to United Nations
- Turkish women, children drown in boat capsize off Greek island
- First horse racing course licensed in Vietnam
- Hanoi to host first Vietnam Travel & Tourism Summit