In a meeting with leaders of Vietnam Airlines in Can Tho city on June 13, Nam said the site was next to Can Tho International Airport.
After the project is approved, the city will complete procedures to give land to the carrier, he said while affirming the city will create the most favorable conditions to support Vietnam Airlines to build the logistics center.
Deputy CEO of Vietnam Airlines Trinh Hong Quang said the aviation logistics center project has an estimated investment capital of USD 82.9 million. It will be divided into three phases from this year to 2024, playing the role of cargo terminal, leasing space for services and distribution of goods.
|At the meeting|
Together with the construction of the center, Quang said the carrier will open more routes from Can Tho to other destinations in Vietnam and foreign countries.
Quang said Can Tho is the economic driving force of the Mekong Delta, having a favorable position connected to Ho Chi Minh City and localities in the Southwest region.
While the demand for e-commerce is growing dramatically, Vietnam Airlines believes that investment in building an aviation logistics center in Can Tho will not only promote the development of logistics services for the whole region, but also contribute to reducing overload for Tan Son Nhat and Long Thanh international airports in the future, Quang said.
According to Director of Can Tho Industry and Trade Department Nguyen Minh Toai, the aviation logistics center will help boost the sales of local agro-products and seafood in other areas of Vietnam, meeting the demand of many businesses.
Statistics showed that the region’s export volume is nearly 18 million tons per year, of which 70-80 percent is transported to HCM City and Southeast provinces before being shipped to other places. Can Tho city has an annual export volume of about 800,000 tons of rice and about 170,000 tons of aquatic products.
- Vietnam Airlines signs two deals worth $1bn
- Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific adjust flight schedules due to storm
- Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific add nearly 230,000 seats for Tet holiday
- Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific offer discounts at Travel Mart 2019
- Vietnam Airlines earns over USD 1 billion in Q1
- Vietnam Airlines becomes official carrier of German state
- Airlines need to take the initiative in human resources, says transport ministry official
- Travel mart in Can Tho to promote Mekong Delta’s tourism
- European travel firms study tourism cooperation in northern Vietnam
- Hessen plays crucial role in promoting Vietnam-Germany ties