Viet Nam’s industrial production index (IIP) rose 9.4 per cent in the first five months of 2019. — Photo baodautu.vn Viet Nam’s industrial production index (IIP) rose 9.4 per cent in the first five months of 2019, driven by growth in the processing and manufacturing industry, power production and distribution, and water supply and waste treatment, data from the General Statistics Office (GSO) showed. The five-month figure was lower than the 10.3 per cent increase in the same period last year but higher than the growth of 6.6 per cent in 2017 and 7.4 per cent in 2016. The IIP in May was estimated to rise by 4.6 per cent over the previous month and by 10 per cent over the same period last year, the data said. The processing and manufacturing continued to play a key role in driving growth across the whole industry with five-month growth of 10.9 per cent, contributing 8.4 percentage points to the overall increase. Notably, the manufacturing of electronic products, computers and optical products started to recover in May after two consecutive months of negative growth. This industry also attracted the largest amount of foreign direct investment (FDI), with total capital in new projects… Read full this story
- Vietnam’s industrial production hits four-year high
- Viet Nam’s digital economy forecasted to reach US$43 billion by 2025
- U.S. industrial production better-than-expected in August
- Consumer prices flat, industrial production dips
- Labor Department: Worker productivity rises most in 6 years
- U.S. stocks fall amid disappointing results from Best Buy, drop in industrial production
- Staten Island veteran gets Purple Heart for injury received in Viet Nam: 'It's like a closure'
- Thailand’s gem and jewellery exports rise sharply
- Plastic, rubber industry exhibition opens in HCM City
- Shuts Down Filming After Production Assistant Dies On Location
Viet Nam's industrial production rises 9.4 per cent have 291 words, post on bizhub.vn at June 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.