Son La (VNA) – Three tonnes of mangoes, grown in Yen Chau district in the northern mountainous province of Son La, were packaged on June 19 for flying to the UK.
Ha Van Son, Director of the Chieng Hac agricultural cooperative in Yen Chau, said his cooperative is tending 14 ha of mangoes under VietGap standards, with an estimated yield of 200 tonnes in service of export.
Earlier, Yen Chau mangoes are sold mainly in the domestic market and exported to China, he said.
Seeing the potential of exporting their mangoes to other countries, Yen Chau growers have applied international cultivation standards for exporting to markets with strict criteria.
As a result, seven tonnes of mangoes have been selected to ship to the UK in this June.
In 2019, Son La has 15,700 ha of mango farms which are expected to give yields of 35,500 tonnes, including 7,500 tonnes eligible for export.
In the first half of this year, the province shipped aboard nearly 3,000 tonnes of mangoes, including 10 tonnes for the UK market.
Son La is the fifth locality in the country following Dong Thap, Vinh Long, An Giang and Tien Giang and the first in the north to export mangoes to markets with high potential, like the UK.
Vietnamese mangoes have been exported to 40 countries and territories worldwide, including Japan, the Republic of Korea, Taiwan (China), the EU, Australia, the US, the UK and Canada.
It is the sixth fruit of Vietnam to be exported to the US, after dragon fruit, rambutan, longan, lychee and star apple.-VNA
- Festival in India - Delhi International Mango Festival
- Wine UK - Right Wine in the Right Place
- Mango Wood Furniture - Eco Friendly Furniture in Costa Rica Now Imported
- A Guide to Sending Freight to and From the UK
- LA Weight Loss Recipes - 4 Great Recipes
- Philippine Products and Filipino Food and Beverage Exporting Companies and Products
- Export to China - 5 Easy Steps For International Marketing
- Business Opportunities at Las Vegas RV Parks
- De La Warr Pavilion is an Ideal Venue For Your Wedding
- Obtaining UK Boarding Schools Brochures