Vietnam’s average disbursement rate is much lower than that of other recipients of the Asian Development Bank’s ODA loans, largely due to cumbersome and time-consuming procedures, said Eric Sidgwick, ADB country director for Vietnam. Minister of Finance Dinh Tien Dung speaks at a teleconference in Hanoi on June 26. Red tape is one of the main reasons for slow loan disbursement – PHOTO: THOI BAO TAI CHINH Speaking at a teleconference in Hanoi on Wednesday, Sidgwick said Vietnam had a good rate of disbursement in the past. However, the rate has been on the decline since 2014, and it is currently very slow, reported the local media. Vietnam’s average disbursement rate in 2018 reached 11.2%, or half of the rate in the 2011-2014 period, at 21.7%, and half the rates of other countries, according to the director. He pointed out that even minor changes in projects such as increases in scale, six-month loan extensions, cost structure changes or the use of contingency funds require adjustments in investment principles, leading to temporary suspensions of activities and payments. Sidgwick also warned that slow disbursement could incur additional costs and higher commitment fees for the Government, which are charged by a lender to… Read full this story
- From truckers to testing labs: How the federal government is cutting red tape in response to coronavirus
- Red tape blocks breakthrough treatment for cerebral palsy
- Environmental campaigners angry as green laws labelled as red tape
- Cable's red tape exemptions get muted welcome
- Brits can soon extend their homes without planning permission in red tape overhaul
- PM's attack on red tape 'will make it harder to challenge government'
- SBA cuts red tape for coronavirus crisis loans, as many businesses face uncertain future
- As coronavirus threat looms, SF cuts red tape to speed up hiring of public health nurses
- More than 700,000 ventilators are needed across the US but red tape delays like FDA approval could delay their arrival by ELEVEN MONTHS
- David Cameron axes equality assessments in war on 'red tape'
Red tape results in low ODA disbursement in Vietnam: ADB have 333 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.