|PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc reviewing the guards of honor|
This is significant in the context that Vietnam has been elected a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council for 2020-2021 and will assume the ASEAN Chairmanship in 2020, as well as is organizing all-level Party congresses, the leader said at a conference held by the Ministry of Public Security in Hanoi.
He said the police must ensure political security and social order and safety, considering this a major political task and a historic mission of the public security sector as well as each officer.
Deputy Minister of Public Security Sr. Lt. Gen. Bui Van Nam delivered a report on the sector’s performance over the past six months, with noted achievements in the prevention and control of crimes, especially organized ones regarding loan sharking, murders, economic crimes, smuggling, drug crimes and online gambling.
The ministry has sped up the settlement of economic and corrupt cases, and busted many big cross-border drug rings, he said.
|PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc and delegates at the conference|
Between January and June, the sector handled a total of 59,433 criminal cases, including 13,185 related to drug with 20,070 people and 4,993 kg of methamphetamine involved, Nam added.
Apart from streamlining the organizational apparatus, the sector has worked hard to ensure security and order at localities, he said.
- October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month: How secure is your enterprise?
- Microsoft to launch Office 2010 public beta next month
- Google finally doubles down on security with monthly Android updates
- Maximum Security forced out of Pa. Derby with colon issue
- Public outcry forces corrupt DEA to address recent kratom ban
- Closing the security loop with automated incident response
- Smartphones Need Smart Security Practices
- Endpoint security shootout: Five products compete to protect client systems
- How to Evaluate (and Use) Web Application Security Scanners
- Network security primer: What is access control?