The kidney donor was the patient’s biological father.
Doctors from Military hospital conduct successfully 500th kidney transplant. Photo: Le Cuong
In recent years, the hospital has made great gains in terms of organ transplant in general and kidney transplant in particular. From 1992, when the first transplant was performed, to 2017, the hospital has conducted 300 organ transplants.
In just two years of 2017-2019, the hospital performed 200 transplant surgeries. In the first six months of 2019, as many as 100 kidney transplants were conducted successfully.
In the past, a kidney transplant took four to six hours, now the time is shortened to only two hours. Every day, doctors of Military Hospital 103 carry out three or four kidney transplants.
In order to gain the above-mentioned achievements, the hospital has applied advanced technologies such as kidney transplantation with retroperitoneal endoscopic surgery, vascular transposition technique in kidney transplant, Lich-Gregoir technique to improve the connection of ureters and bladder and limit urinary complications.
- Johns Hopkins Performs First Kidney Transplant From Living Donor Who Has HIV
- Hospital delays toddler's kidney transplant after donor dad's parole violation
- Military hospitals provide free health check-ups for national contributors
- Child Denied Kidney Transplant Because of Dad’s Criminal History, Now in Hospital for Infection
- 100-Plus Pounds Stand in Way of Freed Sister’s Kidney Transplant; Lawyer Blames Incarceration
- First Lady Melania Trump Hospitalized After Treatment For Kidney Condition
- Bombay HC Refuses To Entertain PIL Seeking Directions For Swap Kidney Transplants
- Woman Donated Kidney To Stranger After Seeing Facebook Request
- How live liver transplants could save thousands of lives
- In a medical first, man gets 2nd face transplant