HUAWEI has trademarked the name of a brand new mobile OS designed to compete with Google’s Android. The so-called ‘Hongmeng OS’ would be a way of getting around US sanctions that prevent American firms from trading with Huawei. It means Brits who own Android-Powered Huawei phones – or buy Huawei phones in the future – could find themselves using a brand new phone system. It’s likely, but not confirmed, that the Hongmeng OS would be similar to Android, to make the transition easier for users.Huawei registered a patented trademark for Hongmeng OS in China, which is valid until May 2029. And Huawei has also registered trademarks in Europe for Huawei Ark OS, Huawei Ark, Ark and Ark OS. The name may be a reference to “Noah’s Ark”, the biblical ship used to survive a world-destroying flood and start anew. And the likely launch of this OS is a clear response to the USA placing Huawei on a trade blacklist, preventing Google from working with Huawei.Expert view: Is it safe to buy a Huawei phone?Here’s what CCS Insight analyst Ben Wood told The Sun… “We still don’t have a clear understanding of what Google has told Huawei and what elements of… Read full this story
- Huawei's Chinese mobile rivals look to capitalise on its U.S. woes
- Rush Limbaugh calls for MORE Trump rallies as president continues to fight ‘fraudulent’ election
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls Out Donald Trump Jr. for Endorsing Parkland Conspiracy Theory
- Trump should definitely run in 2024, insist two-thirds of GOP voters as 80% say election was ‘stolen’, poll shows
- Nancy Pelosi says revelations Trump has collected $300 million in loans are 'a national security issue' because he could owe foreign countries who have 'leverage'
- Huawei P50 is on track for 2021 launch, to run on Kirin chip: Report
- Huawei tests 5G downloads in China as government due to issue licenses
- In Split-Screen Town Halls, Trump and Biden Squabble over Coronavirus Response
- Jio Platforms receives Rs 33,737 crore from Google
- RIL's Jio Platforms receives Rs 33,737 crore from Google
Huawei ‘reveals’ its own Google Android rival called ‘Hongmeng’ – to dodge Trump’s blacklist have 342 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 14, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.