A view of downtown Ho Chi Minh City.
One of the most celebrated cities along the Pacific Rim, Ho Chi Minh City is a funky blend of a city, where one block holds new-age skyscrapers and the next one hold ancient (and beautiful) temples.
“While you can do Ho Chi Minh City for US$30 a day, up your budget moderately to US$40 or more and you can rent a room that’s comfortable for two and rent a motorbike (US$6 apiece) in the process. While you’re there, try the local draft better at 25 cents a pop – just be careful on the scooters,” The Street wrote.
Sri Lanka tops the list, followed by Panama, Munich, Montreal, Laos, Miami, Lisbon in Portugal, Colombia, Havana, Ho Chi Minh City, Buenos Aires in Argentina, etc.
Earlier, Ho Chi Minh City has been named among best budget-friendly hotspots in the world, according to a list released by New Idea, an Australian weekly magazine aimed at women.
Ho Chi Minh City welcomed 17 million visitors in the first six months of 2019, according to the municipal Department of Tourism. Of the total visitors, 4.2 million were foreigners, up 10.1% year on year, and 12.8 million were domestic tourists, meeting 40% of the year’s target.
The city earned VND73 trillion (US$3.13 billion) from tourist services in the first half of 2019, a rise of 16.6% over the same period last year.
In order to attract more holidaymakers, in the last six-month of 2019, the municipal Department of Tourism will continue implementing its plan to build new and diverse products. The department will coordinate with Cu Chi district to develop agricultural tourism in association with the national target program to build new-style rural areas.
- Safety in Saigon - 3 Ways to Enjoy Ho Chi Minh City Safely
- Cheapest Place to Buy Golf Bags
- Thailand - One of the Best & Cheapest Places to Live and Travel in the World
- Cheapest Student Travel Deals - Guaranteed
- Ecommerce companies are the coolest place for summer internships
- Newcastle City - A Place Where There's Much to Do
- Phnom Penh - Cambodia's Capital City
- Running a Business While Traveling to Another Country
- New Orleans ranked one of the best cities... or is it?
- Budget Friendly Travel Ideas - How to Have Fun Without Breaking the Bank