Vietnam’s capital Hanoi and Phu Quoc Island off the coast of the Mekong Delta’s Kien Giang province have been listed among the top 17 destinations to visit in Asia by CNN Travel. Hanoi’s Tran Quoc pagoda on West lake (Photo source: CNN) Two centuries ago, trips to Asia were reserved for wealthy merchants, ambassadors and the colonial elite who could afford grand and expensive voyages, but that travel scenario has been turned on its head, CNN Travel wrote. With a proliferation of affordable flights, versatile accommodation, high-speed rail, and increased international connectivity, it’s easier than ever to visit Asia. The site revealed its short list of destinations in the world’s largest continent with its natural beauty, distinct cultural traditions, ancient architecture, and absolutely delicious food. Hanoi was praised for its history, culture, and endless energy. For first-time travelers, Hanoi the Old Quarter is the best place to start. This labyrinth of lanes reveals French colonial architecture, hardworking hawkers, artisanal crafts, and no shortage of restaurants. It’s busy and chaotic but navigating the crowded streets, where motorbikes reign, is half the fun. As the capital for more than a thousand years, since 1010, Hanoi is considered to be the cultural center… Read full this story
- CNN places Phu Quoc among best destinations in Asia
- Vietnam minimizes Hanoi-HCMC flights
- Hanoi hastens efforts to handle COVID-19 hotbed at Bach Mai Hospital
- CNN: Vietnam’s pho, fresh rolls among world’s best dishes
- Gather forces to stamp out Covid-19 at Hanoi hospital: Deputy PM
- Nearly 80% of Hanoi bus trips cut for Covid-19 fear
- Two more infections at Hanoi hospital as Vietnam reports 6 new COVID-19 cases
- Sustainable tourism draws visitors to Phu Yen province
- Hanoi restaurant fined for unsavory use of boot
- Yang says Asian Americans being attacked over coronavirus is 'a heartbreaking phenomenon'
Hanoi & Phu Quoc among CNN's top Asian destinations have 306 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.