The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has just approved an $80 million loan to help Vietnam improve the quality of and access to basic health services in 13 provinces, with a focus on poor areas. Grassroots health services in Vietnam to be improved The project on investing and innovating for grassroots health service delivery is designed to enable commune health stations (CHS) to start detecting and managing non-communicable diseases while strengthening their existing role in controlling infectious diseases and providing essential maternal, newborn, and child healthcare services. About 9.2 million people are expected to directly benefit from investments under this project. To do this the project will provide CHS with equipment, training, and quality management tools, while upgrading infrastructure to meet national standards. The project will also support policy reforms that improve the financial sustainability and quality of services, and pilot innovations. “While health outcomes and access to basic health services have improved tremendously for the general population, disadvantaged groups, especially ethnic minorities, and those living in poor, remote, and mountainous provinces, still lag behind,” said Ousmane Dione, World Bank country director for Vietnam. “This project is designed to target these groups by closing remaining gaps in access to… Read full this story
- Royal Flying Doctor Service warns rural mental health services in 'crisis'
- General election 2019: Is the NHS the best health service possible?
- Nakuru hospital records influx of patients as service delivery improves
- World Mental Health Day: Bet9ja advocates improved care to boost mental health services
- Mental health service gaps affecting Tasmanians of all ages
- Stakeholders decry poor occupational health services in Nigeria
- The NHS will be key to this election. And that’s bad news for the health service
- Sliding UK health service performance sparks pre-election war of words
- Romanian health service in crisis as doctors leave for UK and other states
- Lata Mangeshkar's health critical, but improving; singer still on ventilator
Grassroots health services in Vietnam to be improved have 318 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at June 21, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.