The opening ceremony of the Khu Mang School in Phu Tho Province on June 20
The new classrooms for Khu Mang School in the remote Tan Son District was built to replace the old deteriorated facility thanks to donations from Dantri/Dtinews’ readers and other sponsors.
The new classrooms
The old classrooms
The VND197 million (USD8,565) project included a VND117 million donation by Doctor Tan, whole the Tan Hoang Minh Group contributed VND 60 million.
Speaking at the opening ceremony on June 20, Dantri/Dtinews’ Deputy Editor-In-Chief, Pham Tuan Anh, said that this is the 24th classroom project nationwide and the second in Phu Tho Province carried out by Dantri so far.
Dantri/Dtinews’ Deputy Editor-In-Chief, Pham Tuan Anh, speaks at the ceremony
“The project was done thanks to support from kind donators through Dantri’s charity fund,” Anh said. “We’re going to open some new classrooms in Son La, Lai Chau.”
A sponsor, Doctor Cao Huy Tan was also present at the ceremony. He said he was very moved and happy to contribute to the project and will continue to join with Dantri in building schools and bridges in the future.
Chairman of Dong Son District People’s Committee, Ha Thanh Giap, expresses his thanks to Dantri Newspapers and donors
“Khu Mang School had deteriorated for many years but we did not have financial resources to repair it,” Giap said. “We’re so happy to receive support from Dantri Newspaper and other kind donors”.
Donors give scholarships to children from low-income families
At the ceremony, sponsors also gave 20 scholarships worth VND10 million to pupils from low-income families.
- Dantri/DTiNews readers help girl struggling with brain tumour
- Phu Tho develops traditional craft villages
- Phu Tho develops 50 products under OCOP programme
- National men’s football coach visits disadvantaged students in Phu Tho
- Philadelphia Runner opening new store in King of Prussia Mall
- Edmonton Downtown Farmers Market officially opens new indoor location
- Africa in the news: Tunisia and Mozambique vote, Nigeria closes borders, and Kenya opens new railway
- Weeks away from opening, new Stanford University hospital is no longer ‘a distant dream’
- Fallout 4 Publisher Opens New Studio to Expand Console, PC, Mobile Development
- French Cultural Centre in Hanoi opens new branch