Tien Dung is currently playing for V-League side Hanoi FC and first rose to prominence in 2018 when playing in goal during the team’s run to the final of the AFC U23 Championship under head coach Park Hang Seo.
Midfielder Nguyen Trong Dai, who also played in the final of the 2018 AFC U23 Championship, has been chosen as the team’s vice captain.
Elsewhere, the coaching board of the Vietnam U23s have decided to allow defender Nguyen Van Hanh to return to Haiphong FC due to an injury.
In addition, midfielder Tran Thanh Son is unlikely to face Myanmar U23s because of an injury sustained in a recent fixture against Viettel FC.
Vietnam’s U23s are scheduled to face their rivals from Myanmar in a friendly match which will take place in the northern province of Phu Tho at 8pm on June 7.
- Blog: Springs native named captain of DU hockey
- Vietnam gives green light to Formula 1 race in Hanoi
- Postcards from a poisoned coast: Vietnam's people-smuggling heartland
- Vietnam a great place for good food, cheap beer
- The Captain SEO From Vietnam
- El primer automóvil construido en Vietnam será presentado en el auto show de Paris
- How the Vietnam War Brought High-Tech Border Surveillance to America
- Google and Metaweb: Named Entities and Mashup Search Results?
- Patients dealt blow as Vietnam tightens importation of orphan drugs
- Vietnam's First Car Brand Is a Hodgepodge of Opel and BMW Parts