Members of the Vietnam Archaeological Institute and the Bac Kan Museum have found that many places in the province’s Ba Be District have traces of human presence dating back 8,000-9,000 years. Trinh Nang Chung, head of the research team, said the overall study has determined that the relics are from the Hoa Binh Culture of the New Stone Age (Neolithic Era). In Puong Cave, a part of the Ba Be National Park, the team dug and explored a five-meter-square lake where they found vestiges of two old kitchens. The team has not detected any grave remains at the sites, so far. Nearly 100 relics, mostly stone and bone, were found almost throughout the cave areas. Stone tools like short axes, rough cutting tools and oval-shaped tools were crafted from pebbles found in rivers and streams, bearing characteristics of the Hoa Binh Culture, archaeologists say. The tools were crafted with rough, rudimentary techniques. The oval-shaped tools in particular and the short axes show adjustments were made to the edge of the blades. No tools have been found with grinding marks. The team also found animal bones (pigs, monkeys, chimpanzees, etc.), mollusk-shells (river snails, mussels, etc.) and some fruit seeds, which they believe… Read full this story
- Archaeologists Discover a 1,000-Year-Old Mummy in Peru
- Amateur Archaeologist Discovers 1,800-Year-Old Golden Ring from Rome
- Archaeologists Discover 2,600-Year-Old “Warrior Prince” That’s Actually a Warrior Princess
- Police Discover Headless Corpse Inside San Francisco Home
- Discover what’s inside a fire engine and meet crew at community fun-run
- The First Cave Art from the Balkans May Date Back 30,000 Years
- Ice Age Cave Art Found Under Layers of Centuries-Old Graffiti
- The Latest: Thai SEALs looking after trapped boys in cave
- Nibbled-on bones found in a cave revealed that our Neanderthal ancestors ate each other. Scientists may have figured out why.
- Vietnam flooding kills 20, leaves over a dozen missing
Archaeologists discover prehistoric relics inside northern Vietnam caves have 315 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.