Hanoi (VNA) – Joint works to promote smart tourism in the country since 2017 between the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) and the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) have produced positive results.
As part of the agreement, the VNPT Smart Tourism system was launched in 2017. It was designed to meet all regulations on connecting the state management system to the tourism database, portals, smartphone applications, digital maps, the lodging management system, smart data analytics and prediction, and other support tools. It also offers solutions for users to carry out statistics research and manage customers’ feedback, promotion programmes, and advertisements. To date, it is able to fulfil the specific demand of each tourist market.
The system recently won the silver prize in the category of Innovation in Business Information Apps at the prestigious Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards 2019 with the aim of recognising achievements in the workplace worldwide.
Earlier in 2019, the two partners released the smart app VietnamGo, which is the official information channel of the Vietnamese tourism sector. The app integrates all functions offered by the system as a travel guide for visitors to 63 the cities and provinces across Vietnam.
In support of the VNAT, the VNPT has so far opened tourism portals and launched smart tourism applications in 13 cities and provinces, including Lao Cai, Cao Bang, Ha Giang, and Ninh Binh. Similar works are being piloted in 34 other localities. –VNA
- Arlo Ultra 4K Smart Camera Review
- From 'Lord Of The Rings' to 'Game Of Thrones': the rise of film tourism
- Harman Kardon Announces New Google Assistant Smart Speaker
- Trump administration has quietly barred NIH scientists from acquiring fetal tissue
- TP-Link Kasa announces smart video doorbells, in-wall outlets, light switches, and more
- Arlo Ultra Smart Camera Review
- Nuki smart lock review: A simple to use, reliable, and very smart solution for European-style locks
- 4 Best Smart Plugs for Alexa, Google Home in 2018
- Amazon expands Alexa ecosystem with new smart-home hardware: Microwave, subwoofer, Smart Plug, and more
- Spack, a Lab-Developed ‘App Store for Supercomputers,’ Becoming Standard-Bearer