Danang authorities have opposed a garbage incinerator project proposed by Quang Nam provincial authorities for fear of water pollution. illustrative image On May 23, Danang Water Supply JSC sent an official document to Danang City People’s Committee and People’s Council, stating that the project to build a waste incinerator in Dai Nghia and Dai Hiep communes are only 4km away from Hoa Khuong Commune and An Trach Dam. It will pollute Yen River which is the water source for over one million people in Danang. Danang Water Supply JSC asked Danang authorities to work with Quang Nam provincial authorities over the project so that it will not affect the city’s water sources. Le Tri Thanh, vice chairman of Quang Nam Province People’s Committee, said on May 26 that they had surveyed the scene where the incinerator will be built. The incinerator will have the capacity to deal with 240 tonnes of rubbish per day. According to Thanh, the new technology is suitable for Vietnam’s situation and has been approved by the Ministry of Science and Technology. The waste treatment processes will be contained inside the plant. They will build a trench around the plant so that even when it rains,… Read full this story
- Wearing deodorant or peeling an ORANGE 'can pollute office air and cause workers to suffer with fatigue and headaches'
- England warmups a cause for concern for Capello
- UEFA concerned about safety in Euro 2012 stadiums
- Bahrain protests raise concern before F1 opener
- Devils dispute with mayor ‘concerning’
- Authorities ready for it all in Indy
- Adamu argues Nigerian authorities can’t pursue him
- Violence raises 2012 Olympic concerns
- Concern as violence rises at German stadiums
- ‘Piggyback Bandit’ concerns state authorities
Quang Nam authorities dispel concerns over polluting incinerator have 288 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 27, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.