Hanoi (VNA) – Five domestic airlines has reported 4,232 delayed or cancelled flights, accounting for 15.9 percent of the total, from March 19 to April 18.
According to the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV), Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Jetstar Pacific, Bamboo Airways and Vietnam Air Services Company (VASCO) together operated a total of 26,553 flights in the period.
Jetstar Pacific delayed or cancelled 592 out of its 2,851 operated flights, representing the highest rate among the five airlines, at 20.8 percent.
Vietjet Air took the second place with 1,975 delayed or cancelled flights, accounting for 17.5 percent of its total during the period.
National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines reported 1,491 delayed or cancelled flights, accounting for 14.7 percent of its total, while the figures for VASCO were 113 flights and 9.4 percent.
The freshly-launched Bamboo Airways posted 94 delayed or cancelled flights, accounting for 7.1 percent of its total.
The CAAV said the main reasons for the delays and cancellations were late arrivals, the airlines’ operation problems, and weather conditions.
Other reasons included issues related to flight management and operation, and the equipment and services at airports, the agency said.
The CAAV unveiled that it will add more sanctions on flight licensing to curb the issue, adding that airlines running a high rate of delays and cancellations might have their airport slot revoked. The slot gives an airline the right to operate at an airport at particular times.-VNA
- HTC Vive Has Been Officially Delayed to April 2016
- Persona 5 Delayed to April 4th; Will Have Japanese Voices via Free DLC at Release
- Splinter Cell: Conviction delayed into April
- Grand Theft Auto Online Heists Coming to Xbox One and PS4 in March, GTA V for PC Delayed to April
- CoD4 map pack delayed until April 10
- Days Gone's Delay to April 2019 Seemed to Be a Forgone Conclusion
- Persona 5 Delayed to April, Adding Free Dual Audio DLC
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Delayed Until April 25th Due to Final Implementations Based on Beta Feedback
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Delayed Into April 2016
- The Conduit 2 gets month-long delay to April, new shots