The visitors were from companies producing silk, fabrics, ready-made garments, silk scarves, stoles, Pareo shawls evening wear, beachwear, fashion accessories, tops, bottoms, trousers, jackets, kaftans, bags, embroidered shawls, silk blended products, natural silk carpets and others.
Bimal Mawandia, Chairman of the Indian Silk Export Promotion Council, said “India is promoting exports of all textiles. We are presenting the silk sector in India and as per the guidance of the Government of India, we want to increase exports and we are exploring different markets worldwide.”
The trip was the first to Vietnam for all of the participating companies, he said.
Pham Xuan Hong, Chairman of the HCM City Association of Garment Textile Embroidery-Knitting, said trade relations between Vietnam and India in the garment and textile sector had increased significantly but was still modest compared to the potential of the two countries.
The event is expected to enhance connection between businesses of the two sides in the sector, where there is still a lot of potential, he said.
Vietnamese garment and textile companies want to have stronger cooperation with Indian counterparts. They have high demand for importing raw materials from India, Hong said.
According to the Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association, there are 7,000 enterprises in the industry, providing jobs for three million workers in the country.
Vietnam’s garment and textile exports increased by 12 percent last year to over $36 billion and exports is expected to top $40 billion this year.
A similar buyer and seller meet will be held in Hanoi on May 23
- HCM City seeks Hong Kong’s experiences in financial management
- Hong Kong firms seek cooperation opportunities in Vietnam
- Japanese firms keen to partner with HCM City to develop urban area
- More research needed to sustain smart HCM City: expert
- HCM City aims to promote retail sector as key economic contributor
- HCM City bans trucks during rush hour in urban areas
- Japanese firms step up win-win cooperation with HCM City partners
- HCM City ties up with VN-focused Hong Kong tourism site
- HCM City keen on boosting partnership with Singapore
- HCM City transport authorities, firms discuss problems at dialogue