|Vice Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Tran Vinh Tuyen (R) held talks with President of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber Harald Mahrer on May 15 (Photo: VNA)|
The delegation, led by Harald Mahrer, President of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber, is on a working visit to the city.
Tuyen expressed his hope that the visit and the opening of a representative office of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber in the city will help step up cooperation between Austrian and city businesspeople.
HCM City highly values the capacity of Austrian businesses operating in industry, science, and technology, as they are gaining its interest, he said, referring to the development of the support industry and the application of science and technology in life.
Tuyen noted that the city is willing to invite Austrian businesses to take part in components of its projects to build smart urban areas, treat medical waste, and deal with flooding and traffic congestion.
Harald Mahrer said his delegation will attend the opening of the representative office of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber in the city on May 16.
He said the move realizes agreements between the two countries’ leaders on enhancing the bilateral ties to the next level.
The rep. office is tasked to assist Austrian businesses in looking for trade and partnership opportunities in Vietnam and help Vietnamese businesses to set foothold in Austria and Europe, he said.
It will help improve the transfer of technology and science between Austrian and HCM City businesses and realize cooperation potential between Austria and the city, he said.
Austria is ranked 30th among foreign investors in HCM City as it has had 13 projects with total registered capital of over 40 million USD.
In 2018, trade between Austria and HCM City reached 110 million USD.
An Austria-HCM City business forum will take place on May 16 following the opening of the representative office of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber.
- HCM City to host Asian-Pacific cities’ tourism promotion forum
- Government Wants to Tap Data Potential before Divesting it: Piyush Goyal
- Federal judge rules against Trump in Philadelphia sanctuary city case
- Manchester City to Start Title Defence at Arsenal
- Man City: Premier League champions close to signing Riyad Mahrez & Jorginho
- ‘Fantastic bit of business’ – City fans thrilled to see Leitner return confirmed
- City to revise plan to limit taxis
- Ahead of Austria visit, Putin says Russia wants 'united and prosperous EU'
- Austria Offers to Host Summit Meeting Between Trump and Putin
- Leicester City transfer news updates