Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc requested that ministries, sectors and localities adjust their policies to speed the development of the automobile and support industries.
In a report recently released by the Government Office – based on the proposals of the northern province of Ninh Binh, an automobile manufacturing hub – PM Phuc asked the ministries of Trade and Industry, and Finance and relevant agencies to review policies in order to promote the production of parts and engines.
PM Phuc also required the Ministry of Planning and Investment to adjust the foreign ownership cap in automobile joint ventures to not exceed 50 per cent.
These ministries were requested to co-operate with businesses to train a high-quality workforce in order to attract leading world automakers, research domestic and export markets to manufacture products that meet demand and set up a plan to export completed cars and auto parts.
As for a number of proposals from Ninh Binh Province including the expansion of Gian Khau Industrial Park, Phuc assigned the ministries of Natural Resources and Environment, and Planning and Investment to study the issues and report back to him.
Ninh Binh is one of the four largest automobile manufacturing hubs in Viet Nam, and is home to the production of Hyundai Thanh Cong Group. Others include the northern province of Vinh Phuc (home to production lines for Toyota and Honda), the northern city of Hai Phong (VinFast) and the central province of Quang Nam (Thaco). — VNS
- VinFast inaugurates automobile plant in Hải Phòng
- Coordinated steps needed to establish robust nodes
- Government Offices of Vietnam, Laos step up cooperation
- Clean Energy Emerges As High Priority For Fredericksburg Leaders
- Modi government has taken landmark steps in past 100 days: Sitharaman
- MAIT launches 'make in India for world' laptop at Electronics Manufacturing Summit 2019
- Chhattisgarh sex CD scandal: Cong leader Bhupesh Baghel sent to judicial custody for 15 days by CBI
- China to target around 6% growth in 2020, step up state spending: Sources
- China to target around 6% growth in 2020, step up state spending: sources
- Inside a massive cyber hack that risks compromising leaders across the globe
- Domestic electronic enterprises unable to develop
- Kigali deal on HFCs is big step in fighting climate change
Government leader requests steps to develop automobile manufacturing have 382 words, post on bizhub.vn at May 7, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.