New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP national president Amit Shah Friday called on party veterans LK Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi following NDA’s return to power at the Centre with a decisive mandate.The saffron party emerged victorious in the Lok Sabha election results with a massive vote share of around 48% as per latest trends.
“Called on respected Advani Ji. The BJP’s successes today are possible because greats like him spent decades building the party and providing a fresh ideological narrative to the people,” Modi tweeted. He also posted a picture of the meeting. Modi and Shah later met Joshi.
After meeting Joshi, Modi tweeted, “Dr Murli Manohar Joshi is a scholar and intellectual par excellence. His contribution towards improving Indian education is remarkable. He has always worked to strengthen the BJP and mentor several Karyakartas, including me. Met him this morning and sought his blessings.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi won from Varanasi as he retained the seat by a margin of over 4.79 lakh votes. He is expected to visit his Lok Sabha seat on May 28 and on May 29 he is likely to visit his home state Gujarat. The Prime Minister is expected to take oath for his second term on May 30.
Get Delhi elections 2020 live results and details of all seats and each and every candidate.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time.
- Give back on Tuesday with Give Day Tampa Bay 2018
- Indian Prime Minister To Visit China This Week As Rapprochement Gathers Pace
- PM Modi asks trainee civil servants to improve image of bureaucracy
- Tim Cook will visit India to meet prime minister Modi and announce Apple's expansion plans in the country
- Naveen Patnaik not to attend Modi's swearing-in ceremony
- Schlumberger seeks deviations in ONGC oilfield tender
- Ikea predicts chaos, says no to massive hide-and-seek game with 32,000 players
- Jeffrey Epstein was allowed 90 prison visits with a woman Palm Beach Police had identified as an underage rape victim - even after registering as sex offender
- How Seek got Slack
- ‘WaPo’ Calls President Trump Too ‘Divisive’ for Baseball’s Opening Day