On May 5, over 1,300 participants had joined the Apax Happy Run held by Apax English Centre and Dantri/DTiNews Newspaper. Over VND300m (USD13,000) collected via the run will be used to build new classrooms for ethnic pupils in Sin Do District, Lai Chau Province.
Nam Lot school site in Nam Han Commune will be the beneficiary. The school site only has two classrooms for Dao and Kho Mu ethnic pupils. The walls have deteriorated and cannot protect the children in winter.
Pupils at Apax English Centre also joined the activity. Thousands of pupils and parents from Apax Centre gathered from 6.30 am by Hoan Kiem Lake despite the rain. Children under 12 years old had run around the lake once while children over 12 years old and parents ran around the lake three times.
Nguyen Anh Tuan, deputy head of Apax English Corporation, thanked the participants for their contribution. Nguyen Tuan Hop, representative of Dantri Newspaper also thanked readers and contributors who helped Dantri build many classrooms and bridges for disadvantaged people across Vietnam.
“This time, we’ve worked with Apax English Centre to build two more classrooms for Nam Lot school site. This will be a gift to the pupils and a joy for those who provided help to the pupils,” he said.
Some photos of the event:
Running to help disadvantaged children
Dilapidated classrooms at Nam Lot school site
- Activities held to provide better care for children
- Watch this speedrunner's 3DS die during a run of New Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Run Gets New Mode (Sort of)
- UK charity uses video games to help children reconnect with their estranged parents
- Desert Bus charity run revs up for more torture for a good cause
- Trip Hawkins' new game helps children grow their emotional intelligence
- Gaming's racist and sexist personalities aren't a new threat to children
- Lara Croft: Relic Run receiving new content as the title hits 10 million downloads
- New Paper Mario, Children of Mana get dates
- Tomb Raider film sequel hits the ground running with new writer