The Hanoitimes – The defense ties have been intensified after South Korean President Moon Jae-in took office in 2017. Vietnam – South Korea relations built on high level of mutual trust: Amb. Vietnam intensifies ties with US, India, UK amid tensions in South China Sea Japan vessels dock at Danang port Vietnam and South Korea have been strengthening defense ties as part of Seoul’s “New Southern Policy”, in which Vietnam is considered a key partner in the ASEAN and East Asia. South Korean Minister of Defense Song Young-moo (L) and Vietnamese counterpart Ngo Xuan Lich in Hanoi in June 2018. Photo: VietNamNet The military relations were tightened since the two nations in April 2018 signed a joint vision statement on defense cooperation with vision to 2030, according to The Diplomat. In June 2018, South Korean Minister of Defense Song Young-moo visited Vietnam at the invitation of Vietnamese counterpart Ngo Xuan Lich to discuss measures for effective implementation of the joint vision statement. Comprehensive cooperation The cooperation includes army logistics which focuses on mutual support in the UN peacekeeping operations and humanitarian assistance and disaster relief which continues to be a pathway for the two armies to implement cooperation…. Read full this story
- South Korea President Moon Jae-in to visit Singapore, India next week
- South Korea, US agree to suspend joint military drills scheduled for August
- South Korea to tighten laws amid influx of Yemeni asylum seekers
- 1 dead, 1 missing as Typhoon Prapiroon lashes South Korea
- Japan considering appeal to WTO over South Korea’s $11 billion financial aid for shipbuilder
- South Korea officially drops its maximum workweek to 52 hours to promote work-life balance
- South Korea tops Honduras in World Cup warm-up game
- South Korea's Lotte Group keeps jailed chairman Shin Dong-bin in key post despite ouster attempt
- South Korean FM promotes ties to Thailand in visit with Prayut
- Why does South Korea want a blue-water navy?
South Korea reinforces defense ties with Vietnam to boost New Southern Policy have 312 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.