A scene from the Hip-hop Performance “The Roots”
The performance is one of the important events within the framework of Krossing Over arts festival 2019 in Vietnam.
Launched in 2013 in La Rochelle city, France, the hip-hop performance “The Roots” immediately resonated in France as well as many cities and countries around the world.
Music also plays a very important role in “The Roots”. The work use music of Brahms, Glazunov and electro music.
“The Roots” has been performed at prestigious stages across France and around the world, such as the US, Israel, Italy, Finland, Czech Republic, Belarus, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and Norway. In Vietnam, “The Roots” will also show at Ho Chi Minh City Opera House on April 10.
It seems that Choreographer Kader Attou inscribes into his work the talent and virtuosity of each of the eleven dancers in the group. The piece calls on the story of each person, each dancer with their own richness and uniqueness. It tells us a story of popular cultures and crossed memories.
Born in 1974 on the outskirts of Lyon, France, Choreographer Kader Attou is currently the Director of the La Rochelle National Choreography Center.
- ‘Freestyle Love Supreme’ Review: Hip-Hop Saves the World
- Cardi B and Drake Dominate BET's Hip Hop Awards Nominations
- The Good, the Bad and the What the Fugly: The 2018 BET Hip Hop Awards Red Carpet Was as Extra as Ever
- Some Asshole Tried to Rewrite Hip-Hop History and Alleged That Outkast Was ‘Dressed So Fresh, So Clean’
- A Firefly fan’s suggestions for next year’s hip-hop lineup
- For the future of hip hop, all that glitters is not gold teeth
- MTV Movie Awards 2010: Tom Cruise, as Les Grossman, busts a hip-hop move with Jennifer Lopez
- Caribbean roots of hip hop to be explored
- November Phoenix local music picks: The Maine, AZ Hip Hop Festival, Pistoleros
- Hip hop to Red Hook for old-school party