Hanoians enjoy jazz music with German band LaJazzO. Photo: Ha Phuong
The concert was part of the “Vietnam Airlines Festa – Summer in Europe” event, which take places from April 20 to 21. The event is organized by the embassies of Germany and France in Vietnam in coordination with the Hanoi People’s Committee and national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines.
LaJazzO is the talent school that trains young jazz musicians. Many jazz young gifted Germans have used this ensemble as a springboard for their musical career.
The young musicians at LaJazzO meet for one-week work phases twice a year during school holidays, with the instruction of their bandleaders Rainer Tempel, Klaus Graf and other renowned lecturers. Their performances range from contemporary interpretations of traditional pieces to the composers’ own works and arrangements.
After Hanoi, LaJazzO will perform in Hue City on April 22.
On the second day of the event, Vietnamese – French choreographer Sebastien Ly will choreograph a contemporary dance, entitled “Khong chi la ky uc” (Not purely memories), between 4:30 p.m and 6:30 p.m. It is a combination of dances and visual art performed by French and Vietnamese dancers.
Vietnam Airlines will offer 2,000 promo codes with discounts of up to 50% to visitors buying air tickets for domestic and international flights during the event.
“Vietnam Airlines Festa”, which are held every two months, is part of a cooperative program for developing tourism and culture between Vietnam Airlines and Hanoi People’s Committee.
- Ohio State University Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Lab Big Band to pay tribute to historical musicians
- Night of Jazz features 14 bands
- Millennium Music Conference bands play at HMAC: Photos
- James Carter Revisits the Music of Django Reinhardt
- Coloring with Sound: Walid Zairi fuses Arabic, African and jazz in new compositions
- Hot Club of Cowtown and Dustbowl Revival Pay Tribute to The Band
- Singer/actor Darby-Duffin to channel jazz divas at free Ogden concert
- Taking My Parents to the Musical Instrument Museum (Untitled Column 001)
- Gordon and Connie Hanks: The Hearts of Jazz in SLC
- Wexner resident artist spreads knowledge about black experience through music