The Hanoitimes – In 2017, Vietnamese people spent approximately US$756.6 million on diabetes treatment. Vietnamese scientist finds anti-diabetes in white rice Vietnam raises awareness of early diabetes prevention Health sector calls for action against diabetes Some 3.53 million Vietnamese people are living with diabetes and almost 29,000 die of this disease annually, or 80 deaths each day, VnExpress reported, citing a health official. Of the diabetes patients, 63% have not been diagnosed and 70% are estimated to carry type 2 diabetes but without treatment, said Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son at an event on the disease on Tuesday. A diabetes patient with severe feet ulcers is being examined by a doctor at the National Hospital for Endocrinology in Hanoi. Photo: Quinn Ryan Mattingly/WHO Statistics show a rise in number of young people acquiring type 2 diabetes as many of them are in the age of 25-30 or even younger. About 70% of the patients are not aware of being diabetic and 85% only find out when they suffer from dangerous complications such as stroke, kidney failure, neuropathy, among others. Unhealthy diet, sedentarism and genetic factor are the main causes of diabetes. In 2017, Vietnamese people spent approximately… Read full this story
- February’s Trump-Kim summit expected to take place in Vietnam
- Gunman in black takes 12 lives at California bar
- The Power Issue: S. Lee Merritt Is Taking Black Lives Matter to the Courtroom
- Red-tailed hawk in Twin Cities lives for days with arrow in leg before dying at U's Raptor Center
- Live updates: Day 3 of the Nicholas Godejohn trial
- Live Signing Day updates for South Bay and local area athletes
- Minnesota Department of Health report says diabetes takes heavier toll on young adults
- Portland man, 80, reported missing day after Thanksgiving
- It’s the law now, so it’s OK to take a paid sick day. Or, wait, how does your boss feel about it?
- Live updates: Day 1 of the 2018 Huntsville City Classic
Diabetes takes 80 lives in Vietnam per day have 317 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.