The Hanoitimes – In 2017, Vietnamese people spent approximately US$756.6 million on diabetes treatment. Vietnamese scientist finds anti-diabetes in white rice Vietnam raises awareness of early diabetes prevention Health sector calls for action against diabetes Some 3.53 million Vietnamese people are living with diabetes and almost 29,000 die of this disease annually, or 80 deaths each day, VnExpress reported, citing a health official. Of the diabetes patients, 63% have not been diagnosed and 70% are estimated to carry type 2 diabetes but without treatment, said Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son at an event on the disease on Tuesday. A diabetes patient with severe feet ulcers is being examined by a doctor at the National Hospital for Endocrinology in Hanoi. Photo: Quinn Ryan Mattingly/WHO Statistics show a rise in number of young people acquiring type 2 diabetes as many of them are in the age of 25-30 or even younger. About 70% of the patients are not aware of being diabetic and 85% only find out when they suffer from dangerous complications such as stroke, kidney failure, neuropathy, among others. Unhealthy diet, sedentarism and genetic factor are the main causes of diabetes. In 2017, Vietnamese people spent approximately… Read full this story
- Type 2 diabetes: Taking this supplement twice a day can lower your blood sugar
- PM, ministers to take part in three-day Q&A session
- Get'em While They're Young: Study Shows Cops Take Black Lives Earlier, More Often Than Whites
- Two girls take their lives in northern Ontario community, four others flown out
- Your letters: Why are teachers taking so many sick days?
- The Spirit Of The 80s Lives On In A MIDI Harmonica
- 'Thank You, Thank You, Lord': Christian Pilot's Nerves of Steel Saved 148 Lives That Day
- Live blog: Day 1 of Mark Zuckerberg's testimony before Congress
- Hacked Sea Scooter Lives Another Day
- Abortion in Louisiana Lives Another Day, for Now
Diabetes takes 80 lives in Vietnam per day have 305 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.