The group of tourists had a buffet breakfast at their hotel in Da Nang before traveling to the nearby Hoi An Town; and had lunch at an out of town restaurant in Cham Islands. In the afternoon, they began suffering stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea and were sent to the emergency room at a hospital in downtown Da Nang. Doctors diagnosed digestive disorders and acute gastritis. All the tourists victims are now in stable condition and were discharged from the hospital Tuesday. The hospital reported the incident to city authorities. In 2017, 46 tourists from Laos were hospitalized with food poisoning after having lunch at a restaurant in Da Nang. The restaurant was later fined VND25 million ($1,080) for failing to meet food safety standards. Da Nang, usually considered Vietnam’s third most important city after Hanoi and Saigon, is one of the top holiday destinations in the country. Last year it received 7.6 million tourists, 2.87 million of them foreigners, a 23.3 percent increase year-on-year. Official data shows 91 cases of food poisoning affected more than 2,000 people in Vietnam in the first ten months of last year and killed 15 people.
- Mystery of Chipotle food poisoning outbreak may have been solved
- Ask The Salty Waitress: What should I do if I suspect a restaurant gave me food poisoning?
- Despite salmonella scares and food recalls, food poisoning cases held steady in 2008, says CDC
- Dozens at Salt Lake City homeless shelter stricken with food poisoning
- Health briefs: Medicare funding, food poisoning survey, Nemours designation
- All about listeria: Bacterium can cause food poisoning, even death
- Charlie Sheen treated for food poisoning: report
- Whole Foods recalls gingerbread houses due to Staphylococcus aureus food poisoning fears: FDA
- Shalane Flanagan survives bout of food poisoning to win long-distance bronze
- Last Call: Is it food poisoning or stomach flu?
14 Lao tourists hospitalized with food poisoning symptoms in central Vietnam have 299 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.