The group of tourists had a buffet breakfast at their hotel in Da Nang before traveling to the nearby Hoi An Town; and had lunch at an out of town restaurant in Cham Islands.
In the afternoon, they began suffering stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea and were sent to the emergency room at a hospital in downtown Da Nang.
Doctors diagnosed digestive disorders and acute gastritis. All the tourists victims are now in stable condition and were discharged from the hospital Tuesday.
The hospital reported the incident to city authorities.
In 2017, 46 tourists from Laos were hospitalized with food poisoning after having lunch at a restaurant in Da Nang. The restaurant was later fined VND25 million ($1,080) for failing to meet food safety standards.
Da Nang, usually considered Vietnam’s third most important city after Hanoi and Saigon, is one of the top holiday destinations in the country. Last year it received 7.6 million tourists, 2.87 million of them foreigners, a 23.3 percent increase year-on-year.
Official data shows 91 cases of food poisoning affected more than 2,000 people in Vietnam in the first ten months of last year and killed 15 people.
- Father paralysed after food poisoning issues safety warning to others
- Stunning turnaround for pub where dozens suffered food poisoning
- Holidaymakers' bogus food poisoning scam foiled by 'best holiday' Facebook posts
- Benidorm fraudsters who said Jet2 holiday was ruined by food poisoning caught out by bragging Facebook posts
- Academics to dine with students after food poisoning at Van university in Turkey’s east
- I've been hugging the toilet seat: Jonathan Rea beats food poisoning to seal record perfect 10 wins in a row
- Ulster Hospital food so disgusting I may have to leave: patient
- Terraced fields in central Vietnam seen from a bird’s eye view
- 1200-years-old Cham towers in central Vietnam get a facelift
- Diner claims meal at Hertford Wetherspoon gave her food poisoning