Prague (VNA) – The DPRK-USA Hanoi Summit Vietnam, held during February 27-28, has been spotlighted by the Czech press, with positive assessments of Vietnam’s organisational work, as well as the summit’s outcomes.
In an interview granted to Vietnam News Agency correspondents in the Czech Republic, Dr. Takashi Hosoda – an expert on Asia-Pacific security and a lecturer at the Charles University of the Czech Republic – appreciated Vietnam’s work in hosting the event, particularly in ensuring security, reception, and logistics without any incidents.
Ensuring security, reception, and logistics is always a huge organisational challenge for such historic event, especially for Vietnam who only had a short time for preparations.
The successful organisation affirmed the country’s capacity of holding major international events, helping to raise its role and position in the region and the world, particularly in diplomacy and security, Hosoda stated.
According to the lecturer, through the successful organisation of the summit and the bilateral meetings between Vietnam’s senior leaders with US President Donald Trump and Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) leader Kim Jong-un, the Vietnam-US and Vietnam-DPRK relations have been lifted to a new height. The US and the DPRK showed their respect for and belief in their relations with Vietnam.
Regarding the denuclearisation process on the Korean Peninsula, the expert said that although no agreement was issued at the summit, both Trump and Kim built their goodwill relations, thus creating motivation for the two countries to continue their dialogue in the future.
This will act as a foundation to solve the nuclear issue on the Korean Peninsula by peaceful means through dialogue, contributing to ensuring peace and stability in the Asia-Pacific region, he added.
Dr. Hosoda also expressed his hope for a third DPRK-USA summit to be conducted in the near future. –VNA
- SEA Games: Vietnam cap second to last day with football cherry on top
- Vietnam ranked second in SEA Games medal tally
- SEA Games: Vietnam stays second with 14 medals on day 5
- Vietnam records remarkable achievements in human rights
- Trump touts rapport with North Korea's Kim at summit, 'satisfied' with talks
- Donald Trump praises 'great' talks with North Korea's Kim Jong Un in Vietnam
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un, Donald Trump arrive in Vietnam
- Trump Begins NATO Summit with Criticism, Promises
- AEON hosts grand opening of largest shopping mall in Vietnam to date
- Vietnam soars high in international paragliding debut