The hip-hop star is featured in the latest issue of the fashion and lifestyle magazine in clothes created by Vietnamese designer Cong Tri. Suboi in Cong Tri’s design on the latest issue of Vogue Japan. Photo courtesy of Vogue Japan. This issue honors Asian artists with a big influence, and Suboi was chosen to represent the Vietnamese music scene. Other famous artists featured in it are composer Ryuichi Sakamoto, actresses Chloe Sevigny and Rosario Dawson and hip hop artist Chance The Rapper. Suboi will also star in a documentary about East and Southeast Asian hip-hop titled Asia Rising – The Next Generation of Hip Hop. The documentary will bring a unique and multi-dimensional perspective on the art in the region through the views of six leading hip-hop artists, the others being Rich Brian (Indonesia), Higher Brothers (China), Keith Ape (South Korea), Awich, and Jin Dogg (Japan). It is produced by Red Bull Media House and 88rising, an American media company that has gained popularity as a musical platform for Asian artists. Suboi became the first Vietnamese to release a music video on 88rising’s YouTube channel last year. Asia Rising – The Next Generation Of Hip Hop, will be aired today, March… Read full this story
- It Turns Out, Hip-Hop Will Probably Always Be the Love of My Life
- Kate Tempest: Everybody Down review – hip-hop poet dazzles with language
- The Last Poets: the hip-hop forefathers who gave black America its voice
- XXX Talks New Album 'LANGUAGE' & the State of South Korean Hip-Hop: 'We're Very Angry'
- Hey, Michael Rapaport: Liking Hip-Hop Doesn’t Mean You Get to Tell Black People How to Feel
- Singer Joe Cocker's unlikely influence on hip-hop
- Straight Outta Compton review – how hip-hop pioneers NWA took on the world
- Afeni Shakur and the mothers who shaped hip-hop
- Shabazz Palaces: Lese Majesty review – spectacular, way-out hip-hop
- Rihanna trolls fans with Love & Hip Hop meme poking fun of her long-delayed ninth album
Vietnamese hip-hop queen shines in Vogue Japan, Asian documentary have 324 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.