With four victories, including three consecutive knockout wins within only half of the six-minute match time, Son earned the gold in the 56 kg category.
Vietnam sent four athletes to the event, who competed in Ju-Jitsu Newaza’s category for those aged 18 and above.
More than 1,000 martial artists of 67 teams participated in the competition, including those from Malaysia and Singapore.
Originated from Japan, Ju-Jitsu has been practiced all over the world and included in international and continental tournaments such as the Asian Games (ASIAD) and the Southeast Asian Games (Sea Games).
Vice Chairman of the Asian Ju-jitsu Union Nguyen Manh Hung said the sport has developed in Vietnam for about five years. The country has made preparations for the martial art at the upcoming 30th Southeast Asian Games in the Philippines later this year, he noted.-VNA
- Anderson brewery wins gold medal at U.S. Open Beer Championship
- Vietnam wins gold medal at the 14th int’l circus festival
- Urban Roots, Crooked Lane win gold at the U.S. Open Beer Championship
- Indonesian students win gold medals at math competition in Bulgaria
- Sports Digest: Coleman wins gold medal in 100 meters
- Former McQuaid star Isaiah Stewart wins gold medal with USA Basketball
- DC Srinagar felicitates J&K Kayaking team for wining gold medals in Chandigarh
- Allyson Felix breaks Usain Bolt's gold medal record
- Serena and Venus Win Gold in Women's Doubles
- American Women Win Gold in Beach Volleyball