On March 22, five unnamed ninth graders at Phu Ung Secondary School in the province’s An Thi District stripped a fellow classmate named Hanh and repeatedly hit her brutally on the face and chest with no one intervening to stop the assault. It was captured in a 40-second video by another student and circulated on social media. The school administration only knew about it a day later and suspended the five students for a week and ordered the video deleted. Their families meet with the beaten student’s family at school for an apology on March 25. Hanh’s family has since accused the school of not providing accurate information about the assault promptly and is now asking authorities to investigate the school’s cover-up. Hanh herself is being treated for acute stress disorder at the Hung Yen Mental Hospital since March 28. The case has come to the notice of government officials, including Minister of Education Phung Xuan Nha, who has ordered a thorough investigation and punishment for everyone responsible. The school education board faces dismissal while its principal has been suspended. ‘Traumatized’ Hanh sits on a bed in the Hung Yen Mental Hospital. Photo by VnExpress/Duong Tam Hanh of class 9A at… Read full this story
- Vietnam, US snare suspected human smugglers in joint operation
- Delhi schools to reopen for senior students from Jan. 18
- San Francisco Police Seek Suspects in Excelsior District Assault; Victim Critical
- Schools for Class 10, 12 students to open in Tamil Nadu from this date
- Trial for STEM School shooting suspect delayed until May
- Australia explores partnerships with Vietnamese schools
- Students in Italy Protest as Schools Reopen
- Schools Out For The Storm In Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe Counties
- Officer shot armed student, 17, at a Wisconsin high school 'after he refused to disarm and pointed his gun at police'
- Schools urged to prevent accidents during extracurricular activities
Vietnam school administration suspected of cover-up in vicious student assault have 313 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 31, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.