Russellville is facing funding challenges to a stormwater project intended to address localized flooding and streets.The city received a $220,000 grant from the Cole County Commission last August for the stormwater infrastructure project.The city also applied for federal funds from U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.In an application for a $500,000 Community Development Block Grant, officials outlined infrastructure needs to address flooding causing damage to Marion Street and parts of Route C.Officials with the Mid-Missouri Regional Planning Commission told the Russellville Board of Aldermen on Thursday there could be complications with locking in the federal funding.“In order to qualify for the block grant funding, you have to be a low- or moderate-income community,” commission Executive Director David Bock said. “CDBG received orders from HUD (the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) — that’s where their money comes from on the federal level — they have new numbers to use effective April 1. Our grant is due May 31, so you’re going to have to use new numbers.”The city must have 51 percent or more of its residents in the low- to moderate-income range to qualify for the grant.Bock said the 2010 numbers from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American… Read full this story
- Pulaski Special district bonds face state hurdle
- Cole County Commission OKs work on stormwater projects
- Business 50 West, stormwater project receive funding
- Meeting to discuss stormwater project at Volunteers Field
- California wildfire victims face financial, emotional uncertainty
- Shutdown pauses Russellville wastewater project
- Colorado Springs receives $4.6 million in grants from FEMA for stormwater projects
- Denver housing market: Millennials face major hurdles to becoming home buyers
- Central Susquehanna Valley Thruway project clears major hurdle
- Brexit vote: U.K. prime minister's deal faces key hurdle in Parliament – but then what?
Russellville stormwater project faces financial hurdle have 298 words, post on www.newstribune.com at March 22, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.