At the meeting between the visiting Vietnamese National Assembly (NA) delegation and the Vietnamese Embassy staff and Vietnamese nationals in the country, the Chairwoman listened to Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Tran Quoc Thuy’s briefing on the operation of the embassy and lives of Vietnamese nationals in the country.
Expressing her delight at meeting with the embassy staff and Vietnamese nationals, she informed them of the country’s general situation in recent times, highlighting achievements in national socio-economic development, external affairs and successful organization of the second Democratic People’s Republic of Korea-US Summit in Hanoi.
|NA Chairwoman talking with the Vietnamese Embassy staff in Morocco|
The NA Chairwoman also briefed the participants on major outcomes of the recent 6th NA sitting and preparation for the upcoming 7th sitting. She emphasized that the NA at the 6th sitting successfully elected Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong as State President, and ratified the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) and other related documents.
She also highly appreciated the good performance of the embassy staff and affirmed that the Party and State always attach much importance to promote bilateral relations with other countries, including the Kingdom of Morocco, and create favorable conditions for Vietnamese representative agencies to promote bilateral relations with the host country, contributing to national construction and defense.
|NA Chairwoman and a Vietnamese child|
The NA Chairwoman thanked constructive opinions of Vietnamese nationals in the country, and praised them for their efforts to teach Vietnamese to their children and preserve and promote the Vietnamese cultural identity in Morocco.
She reaffirmed that the Party and State of Vietnam always pay due attention to overseas Vietnamese, and that all overseas Vietnamese, no matter where they live in the world, are an inseparable part of the nation and country of Vietnam. She hoped the Vietnamese nationals in Morocco always trust the Party and its leadership as well as seriously observe the host country’s laws.
“The two-way trade and economic cooperation between Vietnam and Morocco are still modest in comparison with the cooperation potential and demand of both countries. So I hope the Embassy and the Vietnamese community in Morocco would contribute positively to promoting bilateral ties and trade and economic cooperation between the two sides,” emphasized the NA Chairwoman.
Reported by Chien Thang from Rabat, Morocco
Translated by Thu Nguyen
- Council chairwoman asks for more disciplinary options in cases such as that of Ruggles
- Ohio Air National Guard promotes first woman to rank of brigadier general
- Ex-Pa. open records office director recognized nationally for promoting government transparency
- John McCain's Vietnamese Jailer Pays Tribute: 'I Liked Him Personally'
- John McCain's Ex-Jailer In Vietnam Remembers His 'Toughness' In Captivity
- Thousands of Vietnamese, including offspring of U.S. troops, could be deported under tough Trump policy
- Mourners pay tribute at funeral of Vietnam's late president
- Cables show U.S. was close to adding nuclear weapons to the Vietnam War
- First lady will visit 4 African nations
- Germany deports convicted 9/11 suspect home to Morocco