More than 140 public and private sector representatives from both Vietnam and the US came together at a seminar held in December by the US Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City to discuss opportunities and areas of collaboration in liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects, focusing on two-way cooperation in Vietnam’s LNG power and infrastructure industry. Giant global corporations from the US, Switzerland, and France have already established a presence in Vietnam and invested in promising LNG-to-power projects, while questions remain over whether Vietnam’s gas sources and infrastructure are up to the task of meeting demand. Investment coming With energy demand growing nearly 8 per cent last year, Vietnam faces significant power supply challenges, Ms. Mary Tarnowka, US Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City, told the seminar. Over the next three years, southern provinces may face shortfalls of 1.2-1.6 billion kWh each year and have been tasked with building 16 additional thermal power plants by 2030. Vietnam is at a turning point in its energy transformation process and is gradually reducing its dependence on coal-fired power plants, according to Mr. Le Van Luc, Deputy Director of the Electricity and Renewable Energy Authority at the Ministry of Industry and Trade… Read full this story
- Is streaming a viable alternate career path for League of Legends pros?
- VPNs and Small Business, Part 2: Solutions and Alternatives
- Moving Past Neodymium: Scientists Explore Alternative to Expensive Rare Earth Element
- Facebook alternative hopeful Altly inches closer to a launch
- Alternative Energy, Part 1: New Fields of Green for VCs
- The Quest for Blood: Finding a Long-lasting, One-size-fits-all Viable Substitute
- Alternative-Alternative Energies: What's Next?
- President Touts Alternative Fuel Use
- How could Junkrat be made viable in competitive Overwatch?
- Best Google Reader alternatives
LNG a viable alternative have 289 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at March 3, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.