The 7th annual event is expected to offer more than 40,000 budget air tickets and around 18,000 promotional tours.
40,000 budget air tickets and around 18,000 promotional tours offered at the event
National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines offered 4,000 promo codes to visitors who buy air tickets online at the travel fair, using the carrier’s website or mobile app. They will receive discounts of up to 50% for domestic flights and 30% for international trips to Europe, Oceania and Asian countries.
As for Jetstar Pacific, it will introduce 11,000 budget tickets at the fair, with prices starting from VND11,000 (excluding taxes and fees) for both international and domestic flights.
The opening ceremony was attended by Deputy Minister Vu Duc Dam, Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Ngoc Thien and ambassadors from countries such as Russia, Peru, Malaysia and Italy.
This year’s Green Tourism theme for the fair focuses on ecotourism development and has encouraged participating firms to introduce eco-friendly products. Visitors can participate in discussions on opportunities and challenges faced by tourism operators in the 4.0 era at the fair.
VITM 2019, featuring 500 booths of 720 exhibitors from 25 countries and territories, is expected to draw over 85,000 visitors.
Bruno Angelet, Head of the Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam, highly appreciated the VITM theme.
He added that Vietnamese increased demand for tours underlined the country’s better economic development.
According to Vu The Binh, deputy head of Vietnam Tourism Association, VITM 2019 is the biggest event of its kind and this is the first time the event has seen the participation of North Korea and Peru.
A range of tourism seminars will also be held at the event.
Vietnam welcomed 15.5 million international visitors last year, up 19.9% on-year, and served 80 million domestic tourists, providing total revenue of VND620 trillion (USD26.95 billion).
The tourism sector has set a goal to attract 19 million foreign travellers and 85 million domestic tourists this year with the revenues of VND700 trillion.
- Information for International Travellers – EDCD
- Harley-Davidson Street range available at massive discounts
- Harley-Davidson announces MASSIVE discounts on Street 750, Street Rod & Iron 883
- Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent get new features & MASSIVE discounts
- The Lifehacker Guide to International Travel
- Lyft And Uber Offering Generous Discounts Before Going Public
- Why this entrepreneur was determined to launch West Africa’s first international arts fair
- Dealers offer bigger discounts to shift large SUVs
- Face scans for international travelers at Fla. airport
- MASSIVE discounts of upto Rs. 1.75 lakhs on MY 2017 cars & SUVs: Maruti Ciaz to Mahindra Scorpio