Pupils at Tram Chim 2 Primary School receive donation
This is part of the Fisheries Industry for Disadvantaged Pupils project where Grobest and Dantri will give the hard-working pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds in the Mekong Delta VND600,000 (USD26) each. The representatives of Grobest and Dantri have visited and given scholarships to 75 pupils in Phu Cuong A Primary School, Tram Chim 2 Primary School and Phu Tho Secondary School in Tam Nong District.
“Not only are the pupils and their families joyous, but the teachers are also happy when the school and the pupils get help,” said Tran Thi Thanh Nguyet, head of Tram Chim 2 Primary School said.
Phung Van Cong, the representative of Grobest Vietnam in Dong Thap, gives presents to pupils at Phu Cuong A Primary School
On the same day, the group visited Nhi My Primary School in Cao Lanh District and gave 25 scholarships to the poor pupils there. Vo Tan Kiet said because of poverty, his parents had to do many kinds of jobs all year round in order to buy rice and support his study.
“I’m delighted to be able to receive the scholarship,” he said.
25 scholarships come to pupils at Phu Tho Secondary School
Phung Van Cong, the representative of Grobest Vietnam in Dong Thap, said, “Grobest and Dantri have co-operated many times in the past, travelling to remote areas of Dong Thap to help poor pupils. Though most of the gifts are meant to be support and encouragement, we hope that the pupils will overcome their difficulties.”
Each year, Grobest Vietnam has given thousands of gifts to disadvantaged pupils in the mountainous and remote areas or those in areas affected by natural disasters.
- Dong Thap province’s relic site honors father of President Ho Chi Minh
- DAP2-Vinachem JSC strives to overcome difficulties
- Homebuilder's donation helps Milton Keynes pupils shine bright
- How Wasps helped these Coventry pupils swot up on their French
- Housing developer helps Chobham Academy pupils to plant daffodil bulbs
- School Principal ‘thanks emergency services’ for help after three pupils injured in collision
- Sheffield mum fundraising for sensory equipment to help son with severe learning difficulties
- Free school transport under threat for some Northern Ireland pupils due to 'very difficult financial climate'
- Free school transport under threat for some Northern Ireland pupils due to 'financial climate'
- Vietnamese firm makes edible rice-flour straws to help protect environment