The Association of Tour Operators of Russia (ATOR) said Russian tourist arrivals in Vietnam increased by 4 percent in January – February.
It confirmed data from the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism that Vietnam welcomed nearly 147,000 Russian visitors during the period, including 71,000 in February alone.
PR Director of ICS Travel Group Anna Filatovskaya said demand for Vietnam tours hiked by 15 – 20 percent year-on-year, especially during March 8 holiday. Meanwhile, tour reservation for May also increased significantly.
From July 2, the national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines plans to switch its flights from Domodedovo airport to Sheremetyevo airport so that Vietnam Airlines and Russia’s Aeroflot could launch codeshare flights to Vietnamese and Russian destinations.
According to a representative from Russia’s Annex tour agency, tourists on chartered flights bound for Vietnam tend to choose five-star hotels and all-inclusive packages.
Nha Trang – Da Lat, Nha Trang – Phan Thiet and Phan Thiet – Phan Rang tours as well as those with lodging in Vinpearl hotel and resort chain are becoming increasingly popular.
Thanks to the availability of more direct chartered flights to Vietnam during summer, tour prices tend down significantly compared to those to Thailand.-VNA
- Savills: EVFTA positively impacts on Vietnam’s industrial real estate market
- EVFTA, EVIPA to help raise Vietnam’s position: expert
- EVFTA, EVIPA deepen Vietnam-EU trade ties: seminar
- EVFTA to hasten movement of manufacturers to Vietnam: analysts
- EVFTA to help Vietnam, Czech Republic boost economic ties
- How search for Titanic was cover for a ‘top secret’ US Navy mission to locate sunken nuclear subs before Russians in Cold War
- Vietnam's children and the fear of climate change
- Russia - high priority in Vietnam’s diplomatic policy: President
- Hands On With Men Of War: Vietnam
- SimCity Societies Destinations Hands-On