Update: Mr Gove later claimed direct rule in Northern Ireland could be a consequence of a no-deal Brexit on March 29.Independent unionist Lady Sylvia Hermon (North Down) said MPs, including the DUP, must give “due weight to the serious warning” issued by the head of the Northern Ireland civil service David Sterling about the “grave consequences” if there is a no-deal Brexit.Mr Gove said she was “absolutely 100% totally right”, adding legislation issued by the Westminster Government to empower Northern Ireland’s civil servants to take decisions is “sustainable at the moment” and it is hoped the executive can be restored.Mr Gove went on: “But it is also clear that the current situation with no executive would be very, very difficult to sustain in the uniquely challenging context of a no-deal exit.“Now we, in the circumstances that the House has voted for no-deal, would have to start formal engagement with the Irish government about further arrangements for providing strengthened decision-making in the event of that outcome, and that would include the very real possibility of imposing a form of direct rule.Responding to a question from Tory Dominic Grieve (Beaconsfield), Mr Gove said: “Tomorrow the House will have an opportunity, if the… Read full this story
- Insurance Claims - Dealing With Adjusters
- 12 Months Free Line Rental - Enjoy the Benefits of Cost-Effective Deals
- ING Direct
- Mobile Phone Deals - Incredible Options
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
- The Latest: Michigan governor vows to appeal e-cig ruling
- Facts About an Easy Setup Self Directed IRA
- If You Want to Make Extra Money You Have to Be Involved in Network Marketing (Direct Selling)
- Internet Lead Generation Sales Plan
- Direct Mail Return Rate On Investment, Calculate Then Increase It
Brexit latest: British Minister claims no-deal Brexit could lead to direct rule in the North have 311 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at March 13, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.