Six matches of Group K within the framework of the 2020 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U23 Championship, which are hosted by Vietnam, will be broadcast live nationwide, the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) announced on March 18.
|Illustrative photo (Source: VFF)|
Next Media Solutions JSC, as permitted by the VFF, will be the exclusive broadcaster and distributor of the broadcasting rights of the qualifier matches in all media platforms.
The company has also successfully negotiated with international partners to obtain the broadcasting rights of qualification matches of other groups taking place in Indonesia and Thailand.
Vietnam are in Group K along with Thailand, Indonesia and Brunei. All Group K matches will be held at the My Dinh National Stadium in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Vietnam will face Brunei, Indonesia and Thailand on March 22, March 24 and March 26, respectively.
Head coach Park Hang-seo has selected 37 players to prepare for these matches, many of them played for the U20 team that competed at the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup, as well as U23 and national teams, such as Nguyen Quang Hai, Tran Dinh Trong, Doan Van Hau, Ha Duc Chinh and Nguyen Tien Linh.
The biennial tournament has attracted 44 teams which have been divided into 11 groups of four, and the top 16 teams will qualify to play in the finals in 2020.
- Group stage opponents for Vietnam at 2020 AFC U23 Championship revealed
- Vietnam in Group D of 2020 AFC U23 Championship’s finals
- [Infographic] Vietnam’s Group D fixtures at 2020 AFC U23 Championship
- World Cup qualifiers: Vietnam - Indonesia match broadcasting rights cost record price
- Vietnam beat Timor Leste 2-0 in 2020 AFC U16 Championship qualifiers
- The best (and worst) bets of the 2019 League of Legends World Championship group stages
- Next Media owns exclusive rights to broadcast Vietnam World Cup matches
- Boothroyd expects his Young Lions to thrive in tough European Championship group
- UAE media speak highly of Vietnam U23s
- Hai shines again to earn Vietnam a shocking win over Australia