“This morning [I am with] residents of [an area near] Porte de la Chapelle [metro station]. 1,600 people were evacuated from the area because a WWII bomb is being deactivated”, the mayor wrote on her Twitter page. She added that the evacuation was being carried out with the participation of municipal services. Avec le Préfet de Police de Paris, nous faisons un dernier point de situation depuis le poste de commandement installé sur le boulevard périphérique. Le déminage va pouvoir commencer. pic.twitter.com/GrlqrOrHwU — Anne Hidalgo (@Anne_Hidalgo) 17 февраля 2019 г. The bomb was found on 4 February during engineering works but experts have failed to neutralise it so far, according to media reports. Nos équipes participent à l’opération déminage dans le nord de Paris! Briefing des équipes au poste de commandement. pic.twitter.com/Hy9tMVA6Tm — Protec Paris Seine (@PCParisSeine) 17 февраля 2019 г. The demining operation has reportedly caused significant transport disruption near the Gare du Nord railway station. READ MORE: WATCH Wreck of Legendary US WWII Aircraft Carrier Discovered on Seabed Even almost 75 years after the end of the war, unexploded WWII bombs are often found across Europe.
- Several People Evacuate School Bus On Fire In Middleboro
- Mayor of Paris Seeks to Ban City’s 1st Afro-Feminist Festival Because It Excludes ‘White People’
- CNN's New York Offices Evacuated Due to Bomb Threat [UPDATING]
- Fall River School Evacuated After Anonymous Bomb Threat
- Israel: Palestinians Given Ample Time To Evacuate To Nearby Bombing Sites
- Jersey City Mayor Clears Hundreds Of Free Newspaper Boxes, Outraging Community Papers
- Atlantic City mayor delivers first State of the City with Lt. Gov.
- Former Oklahoma City Mayor Equates LGBTQ People With Pedophiles in Bizarre Rant
- New York City Mayor calls for bail reform in wake of officer shooting
- Nine city mayors and JPJ will soon be allowed to deregister, remove abandoned cars
Some 1,600 People Evacuated in Paris Over WWII Bomb Deactivation - City Mayor have 313 words, post on sputniknews.com at February 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.