The outbreak in Hai Phong was detected Friday after a farmer in Chinh My Commune, Thuy Nguyen District, reported that 35 of his pigs had died from the disease. Three out of the five serum and viscera samples collected from the dead pigs tested positive for the African swine fever with the same pathogens as the outbreaks previously detected in the northern provinces of Thai Binh and Hung Yen, according to the Animal Health Department under the agriculture ministry. Local authorities have disinfected the area and buried the dead pigs. According to Pawin Padungtod, Senior Technical Coordinator of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations’ Emergency Center for Transboundary Animal Disease in Vietnam, African swine fever cannot be transmitted from pigs to humans, so the public should not be too worried and boycott pork. Pig farmers should be able to prevent their livestock from getting infected with the disease simply by properly cleaning their animal pens, he said. Padungtod also highly appreciated Vietnam’s epidemic prevention efforts and thanked the Vietnamese government for preparing, responding to the African swine fever outbreak and informing the public of the outbreak in a swift manner. “This is a very important condition for… Read full this story
- African swine fever rocks meat industry
- November CPI up 0.96% as pork prices soars due to African swine fever
- Ham's best friend: The beagle brigade is the last line of defense against African swine fever in U.S.
- Preventive culling mulled to prevent spread of African swine fever in Japan
- Germany announces new hunting rules to combat African swine fever
- African swine fever: China cover-ups led to fast spreading, says leading businessman
- The US shares with Vietnam experience in fighting against African swine fever
- Latvia records sharp drop in African swine fever cases
- Vet on call: Why China’s swine fever scourge should worry you
- Germany: Schnitzel shortage predicted over swine fever in China
Incurable African swine fever spreads to northern Vietnam port city have 321 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 24, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.