Can Tho in dire need of international shipping routes A vessel heads for Tan Cang-Cai Cui Port in Can Tho City Although the Government has allowed Can Tho City to expand its logistics center to 242 hectares from the current 75 hectares, the center cannot develop without international shipping routes allowing the city to directly ship goods abroad, said Nguyen Minh Toai, director of the municipal Department of Industry and Trade. At a seminar on development of Can Tho City’s logistics network by 2020, with a vision to 2030, in the city today, February 20, Toai said that Can Tho needs to launch shipping routes through Quan Chanh Bo Canal and Dinh An Estuary to develop a modern logistics center in the city. It costs US$10 to transport each container of goods from Can Tho to Cat Lai Port in HCMC or to Cai Mep-Thi Vai Port in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, he said, and the cost is even higher if shipping containers are carried further away. If goods are directly shipped from the city, the cost would be lower, thus increasing the competitiveness of products from the Mekong Delta region, Toai noted. Can Tho is located at the center… Read full this story
- U.S. to extend license for its companies to continue business with Huawei: sources
- PM attends Vietnam - Russia Business Forum
- Friday briefing: Amazon fires an 'international crisis'
- The Rs 30,000 crore fight over gas
- Donald Trump's Republican opponent Mark Sanford drops out saying he can't compete with his rival's impeachment in race for voters' attention
- Charles and Camilla enjoy a romantic stroll on the beach in Grenada as the Duchess goes barefoot but the Prince keeps his British brogues resolutely laced up
- Hong Kong leader says she has Xi’s backing to tackle unrest
- Jeffrey Epstein is denied bail as judge cites 'moving' testimony of victims, pedophile's trove of underage nude photos and his 'uncontrollable' urge to sexually abuse minors in decision ordering him to prison ahead of trial
- Moment brave cops 'saved hundreds' by killing Dayton gunman Connor Betts, 24, within 30 seconds of rampage as he shoots at screaming revelers with assault rife, killing nine - including his own sister
- Jeffrey Epstein DID use his fake passport for travel to Spain, UK and more reveal lawyers after pedophile's defense team said there was no proof of use
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 22/2 have 390 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at February 22, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.