Some of the items include: Salt Buying a small bag of salt is highly recommended during the first days of the Lunar New Year. This is based on the belief that it will bring one’s family luck and prosperity. Fire Fire is widely considered lucky to Vietnamese people in the Lunar New Year. Many people purchase boxes of matches and lighters in a hope that they will bring them good luck throughout the year. A blessing from a Confucian scholar Asking for a blessing from calligraphers on the first days of the Lunar New Year is a popular tradition in Vietnam. The custom of asking for such words is a cultural practice surrounding people’s beliefs and their aspirations to do good. Gold Traditionally, Vietnamese people buy gold to bring good luck and prosperity throughout the year. Grilled snakehead In Ho Chi Minh City, grilled snakeheads are a must when worshipping the Gods of Wealth. This is usually done if you’re hope for a prosperity in the new year. Roasted pigs and ducks Roasted pigs and ducks are also among the must-have dishes on the first days of the year. Lottery tickets Some people choose to try their luck on the… Read full this story
- Further cuts, alongside political posturing, mean a difficult year ahead
- Jollibee Group Brings 11-Year Michelin-starred Tim Ho Wan to Mainland China
- HAPPY YEAR AHEAD
- First Click: What tech trend interests you most in the year ahead?
- McCarthy & Stone reports record revenue but warns of weaker year ahead
- George Clooney's watch, Jennifer Aniston's Louis Vuitton bag, and Chris Evans' Captain America shield among items in celebrity auction for Veterans Day
- Call of Duty Cold War Zombies guide: everything you need to know
- Here's what this year's Starbucks holiday cups look like
- 30 Years of Notre Dame on NBC: The Bush Push
- Four-year-old who suffered horrific burns on her face and body in a freak farming accident that MELTED her skin will now have to undergo TEN YEARS of costly reconstructive surgeries
A guide to the top items which bring luck for the year ahead have 341 words, post on english.vov.vn at February 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.